Supreme Court takes abortion case, but abortion access remains unchanged.
Today, the Supreme Court announced it will hear arguments in Alliance for Hippocratic Medicine et al. v. U.S. Food and Drug Administration et al, a case challenging the FDA approval of mifepristone, a safe and effective abortion pill that was approved over two decades ago.
For now, nothing changes. Abortion, including abortion using pills, is still legal and available in many states. Decades of research and everyday use by millions of people prove that abortion pills are safe, normal, and essential. ACN believes any attempts to ban, restrict, or criminalize abortion are grounded in white supremacy, misogyny, and a desire to control people’s reproductive lives.
Ever-changing laws and ongoing court battles are confusing to people who need abortions and make it challenging for abortion providers to do their jobs — but as always, you can depend on independent abortion clinics to provide trustworthy, non-judgemental information about your options and what to expect.
Need abortion care, want to know more, or want to take action?
- Need an abortion? Go to INeedAnA.com or text ‘hello’ to 202–883–4620 to find a clinic or online provider in the US. The website also includes information on state laws and ways to get support paying for and accessing care.
- Going through an abortion or miscarriage? Experts at the Miscarriage and Abortion Hotline can answer your medical questions.
- Do you have legal questions about medication abortion or pregnancy loss? Reach out to the Repro Legal Helpline for legal information and support.
- Want to learn more about abortion pills? Check out these guides from We Testify on medication abortion and abortion pills.
- Independent clinics really do need your help to keep their doors open. Please support them by donating to KeepOurClinics.org.
It shouldn’t be this way: we deserve better. We deserve accurate and consistent information, access to safe and dignified health care, and the ability to control our bodies and lives.
ACN members are resilient, innovative, and nimble. They are committed to protecting abortion access in their clinics, communities, and in state and federal courts, and the ACN team is dedicated to supporting our members as this case unfolds.